The Christmas Meme
Stuff that doesn't fit in my other 4 blogs
Because one of my very favorite blogs is Design Crush, and because she invited everyone to do the About Me survey, and because I love to do surveys, I offer you ...
TAG! You're IT!
So, last night Dane told me he would need me and the kids to be finished with our exploration Wednesday by noon for him to use the car. Since our unit this week is on the sun and the moon, I quickly yanked the kids out of bed and dragged them outside (okay, I wasn't really that rough about it) to look at the gorgeous, bright full moon over our house. Then I told them we would be getting up early and going somewhere special to watch the sunrise. I was so excited myself, I could barely sleep. I just knew it was going to be a special day. I was right. We woke up at 6:30, got some apples and coffee together and some woobies, and drove to Watson Lake. We got there just in time to scramble up onto a huge granite boulder, cuddle up under the down woobies and watch the sun peek over the horizon. As it rose I talked to the kids about Lamentations 3:22-23, "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." I told them that if there was ever a time in their lives that they realized they weren't close to God, or thought they had done something God wouldn't forgive, or just wanted to somehow draw closer to God, I wanted them to wake up early like this and watch the sun rise. That every time they watch the sun rise it will remind them that today is a brand new day. Every day is a new chance to start all over. Every morning God's mercy is perfectly new. Fresh. Not two week old leftovers out of the fridge, but brand spanking new mercy that doesn't remember the past, but tells us "I forgive you. Just go forward and don't look back." We sang that little chorus that I learned when I first became a Christian - "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases/ his mercies never come to an end/ they are new every morning/ new every morning/ great is thy faithfulness, O God/ Great is thy faithfulness" Then we got to just climb around on the awesome granite dells and explore for a few hours, which was super duper fun. It was by far one of the most meaningful times I ever spent with my kids, and I know it touched them too, because the rest of our day was filled with supernatural peace - which is HUGE when you have three young children! Just before bed time Huyler told me "Mom, I had a really good day." My heart wanted to just over flow. I hope they remember it, because without that fresh mercy every day, I would be totally lost in life.
As described in my last post.... here is me with a paper clip in my nose. It came about from helping my kids clean their room and finding said paper clip on the floor. I realized that it had been quite some time since I had pulled that little shocker, and sure enough, Augie was completely taken aback. He loved it. Dane, not so much.
(X) Gone on a blind date an Irish kid named Patrick in Santa Fe. He took me to an old people restaurant
(X) Skipped school I forged a note from Mom and it was so obvious I got called in to Mr. Bixler's office and busted for it.
(X) Watched someone die Holly Windish had an asthma attack at the Major Lingo show in Jerome, and the ambulance didn't make it up the hill in time from Cottonwood. Very sad.
(X) Been to Canada (thanks to Anika!) yeah!
(X) Been to Mexico Prescott's sister city Caborca for a service project when I was 16
(X) Been to Florida thanks to my Father in Law!
(X) Been on a plane (more than I'd like) amen.
(X) Been lost "...but now am found, was blind, but now I see"
(X) Been outside of the country Ireland, Israel and stopovers in England (can't count Mexico and Canada, because not only are they attached, but we already covered them in a previous question)
( ) Gone to Washington, D.C
(X ) Swam in the ocean Pacific, Atlantic, Mediterranean and Dead Sea!
(X) Cried yourself to sleep Hello, I was 16 for a whole entire year.
(X) Played cops and robber Sheriff Powder Puff with a chicken coop for a jail!
(X) Recently colored with crayons Like every day.. .I did the best Incredible Hulk yesterday. I should scan it.
(X) Sang Karaoke I can do Loretta Lynn's "You Ain't Woman Enough to Take My Man" like nobody's business. I just recently sang it a capella to Dane on our anniversary - we didn't feel like going to a honkey tonk to actually get accompaniment.
(X)Paid for a meal with coins only I have paid for more embarassing things than food with coins only
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't… Have you seen Augie's smile? He could get me to go back on my word 100 times a day.
(X) Made prank phone calls I actually did, but I can't remember with whom or what we said
(X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose And one time Karen Chandler made me laugh so hard I threw up in my thirstbuster cup. TMI, I know.
(X)Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X)Danced in the rain
(X)Written a letter to Santa Claus
(X) Been kissed under the mistletoe But never taken by surprise in a romantic, movie way. I'm always the dork standing under the mistletoe going "Oh, look! I'm standing under the mistletoe! How silly of me!"
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating
(X)Been skinny dipping outdoors The last time was with Mom in Tomales Bay!!!
(X) Gone to the movies If there is anyone who is living in a technologically advanced enough vicinity that they can receive random quizzes via email and yet they have never been to the movies... I'm confused.
(X) did something illegal
1. Any nickname? Squasha Tasha
2. Mother's Name? Silly Sally
3. Favorite drink? It changes, but lately I have been enjoying Nescafe in the mornings. It reminds me of Israel, where everyone drinks instant or Turkish coffee. No one has a coffee maker.
4. Tattoo? Several, but I'm not proud of any of them now.
5. Body Piercing? Septum, but I don't wear anything in it anymore. Sometimes I stick a paper clip in there to freak out my kids.
6. How much do you love your job? I LOOOOOVE home schooling my kids. I HAAAAAAATE doing office work for Dane.
7. BIRTHPLACE? a hospital delivery room, unlike my lucky little sister.
8. Favorite vacation spot? I like the vacation spot in "The Fifth Element", where they go for a cruise on another planet and hear an alien opera diva. Way cool.
9. Ever been to Africa? Never even desired to go. Well, maybe to Egypt.
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? No, but Pancakes is a regular dinner item
11. Ever been on TV? Nope
12. Ever steal a traffic sign? No, but three different boyfriends of mine have. It is always a result of drugs and/or alcohol.
13. Ever been in a car accident? Yes, and always my own fault - but NOT the result of drugs and/or alcohol.
14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? 4-door 4x4
15. Favorite salad dressing? Wishbone Green Goddess
16. Favorite pie? It's been a super long time since I had mom's rhubarb, but it does sound good. I also like me some pumpkin pie from scratch with free pumpkins from the day after Halloween at Albertson's. I forgot to go get one this year, but I still have some in the freezer from last year.
17. Favorite number? 11 - because it's just two sticks
18. Favorite movie? P.S. I Love You - speaking of karaoke, I haven't seen Dane laugh that hard in years. Mom, you would love that scene. Its PG-13, did you see it?
20. Favorite dessert? Just a little bit of delicious chocolate for me
21. Favorite food? sushi, and I'm proud to say that my 7 year old loves it too.
22. Favorite day of the week? Wednesday, its Exploration Day this year in school and we are required to go spend time outdoors, exploring a new place every week. The kids draw in nature journals, and we do experiments. And no math class or anything.
23. Favorite brand of body wash or soap? Body Shop pink grapefruit
24. Favorite toothpaste? Tom's non-flouride peppermint
25. Favorite smell? clean little babies sleeping
26. How do you exercise? hmm. ha ha. haaaa haaa haaaa. bwahhh haaaa haaaaa haaa. HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Maybe another baby? Maybe living in Israel? "...yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." James 4:14
28. What do you do to relax? I have a lavender eye pillow and I lock my door and lay down and put on my eye pillow and I escape into another dimension until someone comes screaming at me that so-and-so is going to kill them, and then I get back up.
29. Furthest place you will send this message? Newport, OR, but I may post it on my blog, too, which is read all over the world according to my little map counter thingy!
30. Who will respond the fastest? Mom sent it to everyone I would send it to. And I bet you I sent it back before Jarnli! HA!
Oh, and if you read my blog, consider yourself SOOOO tagged. I want to see some long quizzes on your blog pronto.
Yay! Prescott Valley has a basketball team! The ABA team, the Arizona Rhinos was at Tim's Toyota Center today for a meet and greet. Then they showed up at a fall festival we were enjoying at Glassford Hill Church! We got to watch them shoot some hoops! Jarnli took a picture of me and the boys with the team, but its on her camera, so I may never see it. Season starts December 5th. Woot! And Huyler made friends with this little guy, Kalil, who was with the team, although I don't know whose son he is. He was 4 and ADORABLE (He gave me his autograph.. just a lowercase "h". so cute).