Tasha's Blogging What-not
Stuff that doesn't fit in my other 4 blogs
Friday, August 29, 2008
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
A. Attached or Single? Happily married for almost 9 years
B. Best Friend? Krisina Dawn (Bowman) Cherot
C. Cake or pie? Pumpkin pie with whipped cream on it (I make it from scratch with free pumpkins they give away after Halloween. Yum!)
D. Day of choice? My days of the week will begin to have unique significance next Thursday when we start our school year. For now, I really like Tuesdays because it is the one evening we don't have STUFF going on.
E. Essential item? Stride gum. I chew it constantly. I'm sure I'm giving myself TMJ but I can't help it. The flavor never runs out.
F. Favorite color? Kelly Green
G. Gummy bears or worms? Bears, and only on frozen yogurt
H. Hometown? Prescott, AZ and I'm really hoping that we can find an affordable home in our hometown so we can continue to call it home.
I. Favorite indulgence? Body Shop cosmetics. I spend too much on them, but they beat other cosmetics all over the place. Plus, my sister is a rep, so I have to buy from her.
J. January or July? July, I love sunshine and hate the cold.
K. Kids? Three gorgeous little offspring
L. Life isn’t complete without? Jesus
M. Marriage date? October 16th, 1999
N. Number of brothers and sisters? 2 brothers 3 sisters
O. Oranges or Apples? navel oranges
P. Phobias? having a child kidnapped
Q. Quotes? "Consciousness of self is the greatest hinderance to the proper execution of physical action" Bruce Lee (Woot! Thank you, Larry, Rich, Kelly and Sam for making me memorize that. It has impressed people for a decade now.)
R. Reasons to smile? God keeps doing miracles all over the place. Am I the only one who's seeing this?
S. Season of choice? Spring
U. Unknown fact about me? I had a long standing date for the turn of the millenium and I didn't go. And I don't regret it. And I don't care if he was there or not, because I was with my husband and happy.
V. Vegetable? cucumbers
W. Worst habit? Losing my temper with my kids.
X. X-ray or Ultrasound? Ultrasound! I love watching that little heart beating!
Y. Your favorite food? sushi is delicious
Z. Zodiac sign? I don't do zodiac. I am under the sign of the CROSS.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
A weird snack combo
Monday, August 25, 2008
DJ Jazzy Jeff on We7
I've had a we7 account since before its inception. I haven't really used it much, though, because they didn't have much good music yet. I'm checking it out again, though, because it seems to have evolved into something better than it was in the beginning. And this album is all I have to show you to prove that.
Friday, August 22, 2008
A Joke before I go to bed
I admit, I stole this from Erica's Life Unscripted blog. It was too funny to pass up.
A man who just died is delivered to a local mortuary wearing an expensive, expertly tailored black suit.The female blonde mortician asks the deceased's wife how she would like the body dressed. She points out that the man does look good in the black suit he is already wearing.The widow, however, says that she always thought her husband looked his best in blue, and that she wants him in a blue suit. She gives the Blonde mortician a blank check and she says, 'I don't care what it costs, but please have my husband in a blue suit for the viewing.'
The woman returns the next day for the wake. To her delight, she finds her husband dressed in a gorgeous blue suit with a subtle chalk stripe; the suit fits him perfectly.She says to the mortician, 'Whatever this cost, I'm very satisfied. You did an excellent job and I' m very grateful. How much did you spend?' To her astonishment, the blonde mortician presents her with the blank check.'There's no charge,' she says.'No, really, I must compensate you for the cost of that exquisite blue suit!' she says.'Honestly, ma'am,' the blonde says, 'it cost nothing. You see, a deceased gentleman of about your husband's size was brought in shortly after you left yesterday, and he was wearing an attractive blue suit. I asked his wife if she minded him going to his grave wearing a black suit instead, and she said it made no difference as long as he looked nice.'
'So I just switched the heads.'Okay, now I can go to bed. Goodnight, Internets!
Luau on Sunday
3 New Things
I am just all about freebies lately (because we are totally broke). So, here are 3 things I've gotten for practically nothing that I'm stoked about. Beth Moore's Living Beyond Yourself Study Guide. Okay, it isn't free, but since my mother in law is teaching the class, she let me bring it home without paying (yet). When I have $15 I will certainly pay for it. But until then, I will be gleaning Biblical wisdom from one of my favorite women on planet Earth. Yay!
A sample/cutting board of Wilsonart's solid surface line. I think the color is sandrift. My brother in law Dewey works for Wilsonart and handed me one of these dandy items at my son's birthday party last weekend. It looks nice on my counter, and works great!
Finally...this is the biggie. I got one of those $10 off coupons in the mail from Kohl's. So, I had 30 extra minutes last night before my home fellowship. I decided to run in and see what caught my eye. I can't believe what I got! This gorgeous satin number from Vera Wang's Simply Vera line was on the clearance rack marked down to $18. With my coupon that made it only $8!!! I look HOT in it! I couldn't stop thinking about it all through my home fellowship. I kept grinning and no one knew why but me. (: What a sweet deal.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
- He loved her and she loved him.
- His kisses sucked out her whole past and future or tried to
- He had no other appetite
- She bit him she gnawed him she sucked
- She wanted him complete inside her
- Safe and sure forever and ever
- Their little cries fluttered into the curtains
- Her eyes wanted nothing to get away
- Her looks nailed down his hands his wrists his elbows
- He gripped her hard so that life
- Should not drag her from that moment
- He wanted all future to cease
- He wanted to topple with his arms round her
- Off that moment's brink and into nothing
- Or everlasting or whatever there was
- Her embrace was an immense press
- To print him into her bones
- His smiles were the garrets of a fairy palace
- Where the real world would never come
- Her smiles were spider bites
- So he would lie still till she felt hungry
- His words were occupying armies
- Her laughs were an assassin's attempts
- His looks were bullets daggers of revenge
- His glances were ghosts in the corner with horrible secrets
- His whispers were whips and jackboots
- Her kisses were lawyers steadily writing
- His caresses were the last hooks of a castaway
- Her love-tricks were the grinding of locks
- And their deep cries crawled over the floors
- Like an animal dragging a great trap
- His promises were the surgeon's gag
- Her promises took the top off his skull
- She would get a brooch made of it
- His vows pulled out all her sinews
- He showed her how to make a love-knot
- Her vows put his eyes in formalin
- At the back of her secret drawer
- Their screams stuck in the wall
- Their heads fell apart into sleep like the two halves
- Of a lopped melon, but love is hard to stop
- In their entwined sleep they exchanged arms and legs
- In their dreams their brains took each other hostage
- In the morning they wore each other's face
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Scientists Rebuild the Spanish Flu Virus!!!
LL Cool J answers random questions
Yo, I have always had a special place in my heart for LL Cool J. Ever since my sisters and I learned all the lyrics to "I Need Love" when I was in junior high. I seriously like his acting - he did great in Slow Burn with Ray Liotta. He gave some funny answers here, too.
(without the Bentley)
Thursday, August 14, 2008
I took the flickr thing a little bit farther, because I was born on Christmas. So I did a search for "Christmas 1974" and most of it was a lot of fashion feaux pas under the ole tree. But this one was interesting.
"On Christmas eve 1974 a severe cyclone hit Darwin Australia's most northern city.The damage was so severe that the government ordered the dispatch of a fleet of Royal Australian Navy ships.As a unit it was was fully self supporting and there was no need to call on the very limited resources of Darwin. "
The link below gives a detailed analysis of what happened to the Attack Class patrol boat HMAS Arrow.http://www.defence.gov.au/news/navynews/editions/4801/feature/feature03.htm
And thus, into the twisted wreckage, and very bad fashion sense, Tasha Christine Cheney entered the world, depriving her brother and sisters of the Christmas morning they had dreamed of.