Friday, November 28, 2008

The Christmas Meme

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Some of each – Dane is a wrapping paper lover, and I of course reuse gift bags until they fall apart. 2. Real tree or Artificial? Real! I really loved the year we won the lottery to cut our own, even though the one we found was sort of Charlie Brown-esque 3. When do you put up the tree? About 2 days before Christmas 4. When do you take the tree down? About 2 days after Christmas 5. Do you like eggnog? I made it from scratch last year. It was a little bit gross. 6. Favorite gift received as a child? My kitty. He is in Israel in a box. Someday we’ll be reunited. 7. Hardest person to buy for? Dane 8. Easiest person to buy for? Ardara 9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Dane gave me a gorgeous one a couple of years ago. I love it. And a different one that the kids can play with too. 10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I wish I had it together enough to do Christmas cards. Every time I try, I’m late mailing them. 11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don’t remember ever hating a Christmas gift. I must be easy to shop for. 12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have a few – Scrooged, A Christmas Carol, and The Bishop’s Wife (because I have to get Carey Grant into my holidays somehow) 13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? If I had my way, I would do it way early, but Dane doesn’t let me shop until right before Christmas. I hate that. 14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don’t think so. 15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Candy, baby 16. Lights on the tree? Have you seen the Mythbusters about it? Lights really aren’t what causes all those Christmas tree fires according to them. Its faulty wiring/overloading the sockets, a la Clark Griswald. So, light em up! 17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night (me too, Tara!) but my kids laugh at me because I always cry when I sing Little Drummer Boy. I’m that cheesy. 18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay home 19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? my Dad teases me that I remember every lyric to any song I’ve heard even once. That’s an exaggeration, but I have heard The Night Before Christmas many times – Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet Cupid, Donner and Blitzen... and do you recall the most famouse reindeer of all? RUDOLPH the Red Nosed Reindeer! 20. Angel on the tree-top or a star? We had a stained glass cross, but it broke so this year I get a new tree topper. I saw a cool one in a catalog. It was a start of David. I think I might get it, if I can find it again. (the one in this picture isn't it.) 21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Morning. No cheaties 22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The people wanting you to give one last tax deductible donation before the end of the year – as if we are all just looking for ways to get rid of our money right now. 23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Ones the kids make 24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Christmas dinner wasn’t really a tradition in our house growing up. We just grazed it seems like. (Sorry mom if I am forgetting your hard work for many years – I really don’t remember Christmas dinner!) But it is my birthday and I do remember birthday cakes. YUM! 25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Something sentimental. Merry Christmas to Everyone and many blessings for the New Year!

1 Comments:

At 10:34 PM , Blogger Ammon said...

how fun, you must love google image search. -Ammon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home