Thursday, October 23, 2008

Tongue Twisters

So, I have a few favorite tongue twisters that I love to impress my kids with. I'm always game to learn a new one, so comment if you have a doozy. Here are mine:

From my Mother:

Betty Botter bought some butter

But, she said, this butter's bitter

If I put it in my batter

it will make my batter bitter.

But I think it would be better

if I bought some better butter

So it was that Betty Botter

bought a bit of better butter.

From a Nursery Rhyme book I have:

Moses supposes his toeses are roses,

but Moses supposes erroneously

For nobody's toeses are posies of roses

As Moses supposes his toeses to be.

And from my high school Spanish class:

Paco Peco, chico rico,

insulto de modo loco

a su tio Frederico,

y le dijo

"Paco Peco, poco a poco

poco pico!"

Translation:

Paco Peco, a little rich kid,

insulted in a crazy way

his uncle Frederico

and he said

"Paco Peco, little by little,

your little beak!" (that's slang for something like shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you)

And from the International Tongue Twisters Database, a Hebrew one:

NACHASH NASHACH NACHASH SHE NASHACH NACHASH.

Translation:

A snake bit a snake who bit a snake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home